The American Muslim Women’s Association of Arizona (AMWA-AZ), a non-profit 501(c)(3) has been helping women and families build paths to self-sufficiency since 1997. Irrespective of their race, religion, or ethnicity, AMWA’s mission is to empower women for their brighter future.
AMWA Scholarship (EvE: Empower via Education) was established to encourage aspiring girls to excel in school and become leaders in their communities. We are pleased to announce three scholarships $500 for Fall 2021 with an opportunity to renew in the Spring 2022 semester.
This scholarship is for $500 each per semester. Please note that any past recipients of this scholarship are not eligible. For additional information, please contact the
Scholarship Coordinator Eram Khan at email@example.com
AMWA reserves the right to deny or decline an application if we feel it does not fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Female undergraduate student currently enrolled full time at Maricopa Community Colleges or Arizona State University (ASU) irrespective of her ethnic or religious background
- GPA of at least 2.7
- Demonstrate financial need
- Legal US citizen and Arizona resident
Required Documents with the Application
Please provide the following documents with the application:
- Income and Expense Form
- Other scholarships, loans and grants, etc.
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Two or more letters of recommendation by counselors and/or teachers.
- A copy of transcript (unofficial/official).
Due Date for Application Submission
Complete the online application below and mail all required documents by July 1, 2021
Please download and fill out the Income and Expense Form, and mail it along with your other documents to the following address:
American Muslim Women’s Association
PO Box 7505
Chandler, AZ 85246-7505
To get started please provide the following information below and click submit.